Monday, July 27, 2009

Meatloaf



I use venison in my meatloaf but beef will work the same. My parents do not like venison but love this.

Melody's Meatloaf


1 lb ground beef (or venison)
1/2 pound ground pork (or just add more beef)
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper
1 cup herb seasoned stuffing
Milk (enough to cover the cup of stuffing)
1/2 teaspoon of thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard or regular mustard
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic or condense garlic (if you only have powered garlic, 2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Ketchup
Ground pepper 3 shakes
Salt 1 good shake

Mix meats together (if you are using more than one meat)
Soak stuffing with milk in a bowl and set to the side.
Add thyme, mustard, onion, pepper, onion powder, garlic, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to meat. Mix. Add stuffing once it has soften. Mix well. Add to pan. Cover with Ketchup, then sprinkle ground pepper all over ketchup.

Bake 350 for about an hour. 


 

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 1, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

LOVE meatloaf! I have not tried it with the stuffing in it...I will have to check this out. We love left over meatloaf sandwiches too!

I added you to the blogroll also...this is great stuff for allergy sufferers! I take for granted that I don't suffer with allergies like that. I think it's awesome that you have been able to adapt things to that allergy!

love
jen

Living Life Happy August 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

Thank you Jen! Doug is a big Meatloaf sandwich kind of guy. I just like it with mashed potatoes on the side.

Recipes, unless stated otherwise, created by me. Please do not distribute without permission, but you may post a link to them. Thanks!

Fav eggfree items

  • Clabber Girl baking powder
  • Duncan Hines mixes (usually don't have egg)
  • Knorr bouillon cube
  • Luxury brand noodles (always read before you buy)
  • Pioneer Brand (pancakes)

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP